You're Kind of a Big Deal - Global Design Project #249

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Hey friends,

I've been loving having some extra time to play with my new stamps, ink and paper, BUT I have more stuff than I have time to play with 😁 so I went back to the stash to see what I hadn't used in a while...

I decided to play with one of the first suites I fell in love with in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, the Whale of a Time Suite! I love everything about this suite - the stamps, the matching punch, designer paper, sequins, ribbon...I love it all. And as a matter of fact, I actually used all of the products in this suite on my card today!




The colour palette for my card was inspired by Global Design Project Challenge #249, it's a colour challenge. The colour combo was so pretty and instantly caught my eye, I couldn't resist playing along!


This suite lends itself perfectly to creating a shaker card, so that's what I did. Truth be told, I've maybe made shaker cards 2 times (at the most) in the 7 years I've been paper crafting, but I was feeling a little bold and adventurous ;) The Foam Adhesive strips make it a cinch to create an aquarium like window with the gorgeous sequins moving around inside. 



I've listed the steps below...don't fret, it looks like many steps, but I've broken them down in hopes of simplifying the process, should you decide to make this card or something similar!

Here's how I made this card:
  1. Cut your Petal Pink Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4" 
  2. Cut a piece of designer paper to 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  3. Cut a piece of Pool Party Cardstock at 5" x 3 3/4" and emboss using the Seabed Embossing Folder
  4. Using the Stitched Rectangles dies, cut out a rectangle from the centre of the embossed piece. Keep the rectangle for another project!
  5. Cut a piece of your window sheet at 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" and adhere to the back of your rectangular frame. Adhere foam strips in a rectangle just outside the window on the back of the frame.  Take care to ensure that it can't be seen in the 'window' of the card and that there are no gaps at the corners. 
  6. Laying the designer paper flat on your surface, add several sequins towards the middle of the side you want showing through the window. 
  7. Add a few drops of liquid glue randomly on your designer paper and adhere a few individual sequins. 
  8. Peel off the backing from your foam strips and position the frame over the designer paper. Once it's in position, adhere it to the designer paper and apply gentle pressure to stick the foam strips down. 
  9. Using your liquid glue, adhere the shaker layer onto your card base. 
  10. Stamp the whale onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock in Blackberry Bliss Ink. Adhere to the corner of your frame.
  11. Heat emboss the sentiment in white onto Misty Moonlight Cardstock. Using the circle from the Tasteful Labels dies, cut out sentiment. 
  12. Put some adhesive on the back of your adhesive and adhere ribbon in a 'z' shape. Adhere to card using dimensionals. 
  13. Embellish with a few sequins and voila!

I think this card is perfect for all ages and almost all occasions...I think I'll need to recreate another before I give it away, I kinda love it...

Thanks so much for popping by today, I would LOVE for you to leave a comment below to let me know what you think of the card!

If you'd like to order any Stampin' Up! supplies and live in Canada, I would love for you to choose me as your demonstrator.

Have a crafty day!

Hugs,
Zahra

If you enjoyed this post:



Products Used in this Project

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs