A fond farewell to some favourites...

Saturday, April 18, 2020


Hello friends and happy Monday!

Did you enjoy your weekend? I find work and homeschooling the kids keeps me pretty busy during the weekdays, so I'm often looking forward to weekends to relax, connect with friends and family (virtually, of course), catch up on some cleaning and tidying and do some crafting!

I carved out some time yesterday in my craft cave and really enjoyed the peace and comfort of making cards, it's such a great outlet, so therapeutic. I have recently been trying to send out a lot of happy mail to friends, family members and customers to spread some sunshine. It occurred to me that my husband and kids could also use some happy mail! So I decided to make cards for them, which I'll be popping in the mail today :) You'll see those in a later blog post.

I wanted to share with you some cards I made with our retiring In Colours. What are In Colours, you ask? They're a group of 5 colours that Stampin' Up! releases every year that are considered on trend. Stampin' Up! carries them for 2 years and then retires them to make room for 5 new colours. The 2018-2020 In Colours are Lovely Lipstick, Pineapple Punch, Call me Clover, Grapefruit Grove and Blueberry Bushel. You can see them below...


Aren't they just so bright and cheery? They remind me of a box of Crayola crayons...

Here are the cards I made using these colours...


And here they are individually:

 Grapefruit Grove

Call Me Clover

Pineapple Punch

Lovely Lipstick

Blueberry Bushel

Do you have a favourite colour? For me, it's a toss up between Grapefruit Grove and Lovely Lipstick...please tell me in the comments below which is your favourite!

I can't take credit for the design, I was inspired by Angela Meiritz-Reid over at Stamping Beauty, you can see her blog post here. I stamped the flower from the Free as a Bird Stamp Set to create a tone on tone background. While I'm totally obsessed with really into florals, I decided to also include some butterflies on my cards, as I hadn't used the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and coordinating punch in a loooong time! I love how they add dimension and detail to the card 😍 The sentiment "I can't thank you enough" and perfect fit die label are from the So Sentimental Bundle, definitely one of my all time faves!

The list of retiring products will be coming out on April 22nd. Once that list is posted, these in colours will fly off the shelves and sell out quickly! If you'd like to own any of the products in these colours, I'd highly suggest you get them as soon as possible. And if you already have the ink pads, make sure you get the ink refills to extend the life of your ink pads!

I hope you enjoy these bright and cheery cards and that they bring some happy to your day! I've included a supply list and with direct links to my online store, if you'd like to order any of the products.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you're staying safe and healthy in your little bubble. Have a wonderful day and week!

Hugs,
Zahra



Product List




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs