Poppy Moments...Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Monday, April 20, 2020

Hey friends,

Thanks for stopping by, hoping to bring a little sunshine and cheer your way! I'm playing along with the As You See It Challenge #223, Somewhere Over the Rainbow! You can check out the challenge and be inspired by some gorgeous creations here


For my card, I used the lovely Poppy Moments Dies from Stampin' Up!'s Mini Catalogue, I just LOVE these dies. The card was inspired by one I had made years ago using another favourite set of dies, Botanical Blooms. Those have since retired, but I thought the Poppy Dies were a great option for recreating the essence of the card. Here's my card:


I used two different shades of cardstock for each flower: Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather. The leaves were done with Granny Apple Green and Pear Pizzazz. I used black cardstock for the centres and card base. I love how the bright flowers pop on the striped background 😍


For the sentiment, I heat embossed the 'hello' from the Well Said stamp set and die cut the 'friend' from the coordinating Well Written dies using gold foil. 

There was ALOT of die cutting and gluing for this card, it was definitely a labour of love for me, considering I mostly make simpler cards. It'll definitely be a hard one to part with, if that ever happens. In fact, I still have the original Botanical Blooms on my card display from years ago...here it is:



Hope you love the cards as much as I do and that they bring happiness, the way that rainbows often do!

Thanks so much for stopping by, please leave me a comment below to let me know what you think of the cards!

Hugs, Zahra




Stampin' Up! products used for this project


2 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful card, Zahra! Those black and white stripes really enhance the vibrant colours of the poppies! It is harder to give away those cards that we labour over for hours! Thanks for playing along with our Rainbow Challenge as As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner! I love the bright rainbow of poppies against the starkness of the black and white. It does preserve the idea of your original - which is also gorgeous!. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs