In Bloom Happy Birthday Card

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Hello there crafty friend!

Today I'm sharing a card I created for a card swap with my team. Our fun community of stampers, the Pretty in pINKsters participate in a card swap once a month. If you're looking to find inspiration, fun and friendship with an amazing crafting community, we'd love for you to join us!  You can find more information HERE. In our monthly card swaps, we design and make multiples of a card to send to those that are participating. The theme for this month's swap was birthdays, cause who doesn't need more birthday cards??

Here's my card: 


If you'd like measurements, supplies and a video tutorial of how I made this card, you can find the details below. 

Full disclosure. I love making cards that have black and white stripes with bright flowers. If these were the only cards I ever made, I'd be a happy crafter! 

For this card, I used the In Bloom bundle from the January to June 2021 Mini Catalogue. It's one of my favourite bundles...I love the stamp set with the floral images and sentiments. But OMG my fave in this bundle are the Pierced Blooms dies, they work beautifully with the stamp set but could coordinate with any other products you feel like using as well! The black and white striped designer series paper is part of the True Love Designer Series paper, a beautiful package of all black and white floral and geometric patterns. 



Here are the details for the card:

  • Basic White Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
  • Basic Black Mat: 4 1/8 x 2 3/4
  • Designer Series Paper: Stitched Rectangles Dies 4 1/8 x 2 3/4
  • Die cut flowers, leaves and centres: Magenta Madness, Petal Pink, Coastal Cabana, Soft Sea Foam, Basic Black
Some additional tips:
  • Use a Black Stampin' Write marker to create a splatter background on the white card base
  • Stamp the sentiment in Black Ink - I used Stazon
  • Adhere the Designer Series Paper layer to the black mat
  • Tie a bow using white twine
  • Arrange the flowers and adhere them using dimensional
  • Embellish with Matte Black Dots 
I used different patterns of the designer series paper with this card layout:





Here's a quick little video showing how I put this card together: 




If you love these cards and wish to purchase any supplies, you can do so from my Online Store, I would love to be your Demonstrator! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 









If you enjoyed this post:



Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs