First Day of School: Sweets for my Sweets

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Today was the first day of school for my littles - well, one is still little ;) They started grade 6, grade 4 and the littlest started Casa at her Montessori School! It's always a little bittersweet for us - while it's nice for us to get back into a routine, I also miss hanging out with them during the relaxing and slow-paced summer break. That said, everyone had a great day and the kids were smiling when they got home, so that's a good sign, right?


I've started a little tradition of putting something special in their lunch bags on the first day - sometimes a card, sometimes a little treat, sometimes both! For this year, I couldn't resist using our cute little 'mini pizza boxes' from the Holiday Catalogue. These little boxes are SO stinkin' cute, I just can't take it! Because they are food safe, you can put any kind of little treats or baked goods in them...you can also put in little mini 3 x 3 notecards and give it to someone as a little gift. They're so versatile, you NEED these in your life! Check out the cute little treat boxes I made for them:




The theme for these little treat boxes was inspired by this week's Global Design Project's Theme Challenge, 'For Him'. The colour combination was inspired by this week's TGIF Colour Combo Challenge. This is my first time playing in a challenge EVER, so exciting and so fun!

 

I love how these colours came together so beautifully and created a vignette that was perfect for my boys and my little girl. I used Stampin' Write markers to create a multi-colour stamped image and decided to add some extra dimension by heat embossing the sentiment in clear and cutting out and popping up the banner that says 'for my sweet'. I simply love how these turned out, my kids loved them too!


I can't wait to play more with these mini pizza boxes, the possibilities seem endless...

Please leave a comment below to let me know what you think of these, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Zahra


4 comments :

  1. Your mini pizza boxes are super fabulous. I love the added embellishments. A big thank you for playing along with our color challenge, which you rocked, at TGIF! Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I had so much fun, can't wait for the next challenge!

      Delete
  2. Okay... these mini pizza boxes are adorbs! I love how you have decorated them so perfectly! On a side note, I also love the fresh look of your blog! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at TGIF Challenges! I REALLY hope we see you again soon! 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn, what a sweet thing to say! Looking forward to the next challenge, this was so fun!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs